Purpose of the Web Site
The purpose of the official Town of Marion web site, www.marionva.org, is to provide accurate, non-editorial content and information about the Town of Marion municipal government’s operations and services. The web site is also used to provide direct services by the Marion municipal government to its citizens, visitors, and businesses.
Virginia Freedom of Information Act
The public records held by the Town of Marion, including information posted or submitted on the web site, are subject to the disclosure provisions of the Virginia Freedom of Information Act. See Virginia Code §§ 2.2-3700 et seq.
The Town of Marion does not share any personally identifiable information or data collected through our web site with unaffiliated third parties for their independent use, except if required to do so by the Virginia Freedom of Information Act or other law.
The images, content, and features of this web site are owned and copyrighted by the Town of Marion and/or its licensors. All rights are reserved by their respective owners. You, the user, are responsible for adhering to copyright restrictions for any copyrighted material on this site.
If you are an external party linking to the Town of Marion’s web site, you are also responsible for adhering to copyright restrictions for any copyrighted material on this site.
Third Party – Outside Link Disclaimer
Acceptance of Terms
- You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this Site by hacking, sending viruses, or any other similar malicious or careless conduct.
- You agree that you will not utilize the communication methods found within the Site for the communication of any material that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this Site, that you have only a limited right to use this Site and that you will adhere to any and all copyright restrictions that apply to the materials displayed upon or accessed through this Site.
- You acknowledge that the Town of Marion does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this Site.
- You acknowledge that the Town of Marion is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this Site.
- You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in the Town of Marion and the Commonwealth of Virginia with respect to your use of the Site and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the Site will take place in the Judicial District of Smyth County, Virginia.
- You agree to grant the Town all intellectual property rights in the content of any e-mail that you send to the Town.
If you do not AGREE to ALL of these terms, please log off of this Web site immediately.
The Town of Marion, Virginia
138 West Main Street
Post Office Box 1005
Marion, Virginia USA 24354
Contact: (276) 783-4113
Email: [email protected]